Darfichrein.de - Instructions
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Paderborn is currently obliged to document the contact details of all persons present.
The university uses the system darfichrein.de for secure and data protection compliant collection. The data is stored there in encrypted form and is automatically deleted after 28 days. They are only read out in case of a request from the health authorities and are used exclusively for tracing infection chains. Information on data protection:
With darfichrein.de you can indicate your contact data digitally via a QR code by means of a mobile device (Smartphone, Tablet, Notebook), if you are in areas of the university.
If you do not have a device at hand, you can ask a person who has already checked in to add you as "Additional Person".
This manual explains the use of darfichrein.de in detail.
What to do?
- (download QR Code Scanner app if necessary)
- Scan QR Code
- Enter data
- Check in
- Check out
To check in to a room, you have two options:
- You use a QR Code scanner integrated in your device camera
- You are using a QR Code Scanner App.
Then scan the QR Code.
- Now enter your contact details (1):
- your first name
- your last name,
- Your phone number
- and your address (street, house number, postal code and city).
- Then enter any PIN (2) to be able to identify yourself later.
- Then click on "Check-In (3)".
- Now you are checked in and you will automatically get to your "Ticket". Here you can see the room, your encrypted name and the date and time you checked in.
The finished ticket looks like this and contains
- the room,
- the date and the time,
- the option check in more people,
- the check-out
Checking in another person
- To check in another person, click on "Check in more people" in your ticket.
- Also enter his contact details (1):
- the first name,
- the last name,
- the phone number,
- the address (street, house number, postal code and city)
- and the duration of stay (How long are you expected to stay in the room?).
- Then click on Check-In (2).
If you or another person wants to leave a room, you must check out. Your Ticket always allows you to do that.
|Note: Check-out is only possible after 30 seconds!|
- If you want to check out a person previously added via your device, you must first click on Show Companions.
- This will open a window in which you can check this person out independently of yourself.
- If you want to check yourself out, click on Check-Out at the bottom.
Please Note: Your check-out is only complete when you confirm the check-out in the next window with a click!
After you have logged in once, you do not need to enter your data again, because you have created a PIN. These are cached for your convenience.
Please note: The PIN is only valid for the selected device browser configuration! So if you created the PIN during the first login via an app, the PIN will not work via the homepage of darfichrein.de!
- If you have already entered your contact details (here: using the homepage), click on Scan QR Code.
- An internal QR Code Scanner opens, with which you can quickly and easily scan the desired QR Code.
- Please note: If you open the homepage via a QR Code scanner app, you might not see the internal QR Code scanner of the website!
- Then click on Check-In as usual.
- Afterwards enter your personal PIN and confirm your entry with "Unlock".
- Alternatively you can reset your PIN by clicking on "Forgot PIN" (e.g. if you are in a different browser than when you first configured it).
- With a Reset on the page the data can also be reset.
- Multiple check-in via different browsers should be avoided (in the same browser, multiple check-in will cause the timestamp and date to be updated).
- Simultaneous check-in into several different rooms should also be avoided!
- Problems may occur when using Firefox. In this case you should try another browser.
- Should you expierince any problems, you are welcome to contact the IMT!
We will also provide you with the template for a written traceability option. The PDF document includes both the German and English version on one page.