Jitsi Meet is a video conferencing software that can be used in a web browser and as a mobile app. No account is required to use the software. You can call up a conference room directly in your web browser or app.
Jitsi Meet is currently offered in pilot operation by the Computer Science Department of the University of Paderborn.
- Online meeting/ video conference with small groups
- Split screen/screen sharing
- Integrated chat function
- Communication in research groups and projects
- Small group sizes (stable up to 5 people maximum; beyond that, all participants should not use the video)
- Internet access, web browser Google Chrome (or the open source variant Chromium), alternatively access via the online app/desktop app
- Camera and microphone for video conferences
- Registration is not required
- Start the Google Chrome or Chromium web browser and go to the following URL: https://meet.cs.upb.de.
- Now follow the instructions of the Quick Start Guide.
- Set auch low video quality (Low definition) according to the quick guide.
- Turn off audio and video transmission as long as not required.
- The Jitsi-Instance is offered by the Computer Science Department and is operated within the University of Paderborn.
- Jitsi is no established service and is offered without guaranteed availability and stability. There is no support for the use of Jitsi.