Jitsi Meet – Videoconferencing Webbrowser
Jitsi Meet is a video conferencing software that can be used in a web browser and as a mobile app. No account is required to use the software. You can call up a conference room directly in your web browser or app.
What needs to be done?
- Start web browser and open Jitsi Meet
- Start a new meeting
- Invite participants
- Make settings
To use Jitsi Meet you need one of the following web browsers:
- If you have a headset or headphones (+ microphone), connect them first.
- Now start the web browser and enter the following URL in the address line: https://meet.cs.upb.de.
- Start a videoconference by entering auch name (1) in the appropriate line. Then click on Go (2).
- Allow your browser to access the webcam and microphone.
- To invite further participants, click on the "I" in the lower right corner.
- Send the displayed link by e-mail or text message.
- In this example the link "meet.cs.upb.de/JitsiMeetInstructions" is used.
Tips and other functions
- Protect your video conference with a password of your choice.
- First click on "Add password".
- Then enter the desired password (here: IhrPasswort).
- Show the other conference participants the content of your screen (for example pictures, presentations, texts) by clicking on Share screen (1) at the bottom left.
- Then select Full screen (2).
- Finally, click on Allow (3).
Set video quality
- Changing the video quality is especially useful for a slow Internet connection.
- First click on the three dots in the lower right corner and then on Quality settings.
- Under the following link you will find more detailed instructions and further information about Jitsi Meet: https://www.kuketz-blog.de/kurzanleitung-jitsi-meet-videokonferenz-per- browser-or-app/.
- Jitsi Meet-General Information
- Jitsi Meet - Videoconferencing Webbrowser (German Version)