Hybrid sessions in seminar rooms (without IMT staff)
Due to the enormous demand, the IMT can’t supervise hybrid sessions at the university . To offer a hybrid session in rooms with IMT media technology, you need only two things:
Use your personal headset for your own laptop.
Below you will receive a recommendation on the use of the technique for hybrid teaching.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using any device.
- Start the projector as usually.
- Connect your headset to your laptop.
- Connect your laptop to the projector via HDMI or VGA.
Option: Use a Bluetooth headset for free movement.
Video conference out of the seminar room
- Start the video conference.
- Choose your personal headset as microphone for the video conference.
- Option: Activate the video camera for the conference, so the audience can see you.
- Info: Try to stay in the spot, that the camera can see.
- Option: Use the HDMI port as speaker output for your laptop (e.g. Extron HDMI). So the audience in your room can hear, what the people who are connected online have to say.
- This option is not available if you connect your laptop via VGA.
- Use the chat function in the online conference. It gives you feedback without disturbance.
- Important: To ensure that every attendee can see your slides, share them in the video conference.
- In Big Blue Button: Use the upload function.
- In Zoom: Use the screenshare option
- Option: Some conferencing solutions have the option to record your conference.
You can find further information in Digitale Tools für die Lehre.
Contact the Service Center Medien for questions regarding the media technology (H1.201, Phone: 60-2821).