Course: Creating a vote
This article shows how to create a voting activity in your course. Votings enable participants to vote on specific options (for example, dates). The functionality is similar to web services such as Doodle. .
Switch on editing
In most cases you will need to activate the edit mode in your course. Only then you will have the corresponding buttons to create materials and activities in your course or to edit the settings.
- Above course content you will find a button "Switch on editing".
After the editing mode is switched on, all editing options are available to you.
Select an appropriate topic (default) or week in the week view and click on "Add material or activity". It does not matter if the topic is empty or already contains other activities or materials.
In the following selection dialog, select Vote and click on "Add". This creates a vote in the current section and redirects to the settings page.
Next, you define the behavior of the reconciliation. In the settings, you can define the selection options and the behavior, for example. Options marked with a red * are mandatory.
- Meaningful name that is shown in the course view.
- Description of the vote that can be displayed in the course view.
- Show description in course
- Determines whether the previously entered description is displayed in the course.
- Display mode
- Specifies whether the selection options are sorted vertically or horizontally.
Next, you specify the voting options.
- Allow change of voting options
- Determines whether a participant can change a selection that has already been made.
- Allow more than one selection
- Determines whether a participant can select more than one option.
- Limit the number of answers in the voting options
- Determines whether a voting option may only be selected by a limited number of participants (example: consultation hours with limited participant slots)
Now you can set the individual options as well as an upper limit, if this setting is activated.
- Publish results (1)
- Determines whether participants can view the voting results.
- Attention: Lecturers can always view the voting results regardless of this setting.
- Display results anonymously (2)
- Determines whether or not participants can assign voting results to other participants.
- Attention: Lecturers can always see which participant has chosen which option, regardless of this setting.
- Show students without answer (3)
- Determines whether participants without answers are displayed in the overview.
- Including results from inactive/blocked users (4)
- Determines whether inactive or blocked users are displayed in the overview.
Video Create course vote