Most e-mail providers do not allow large e-mail attachments. Even if you can send large e-mail attachments, they often cause overcrowded e-mail inboxes in the long run. With the GigaMove service, RWTH Aachen University offers an uncomplicated way to send large files via a link. The files are uploaded to the GigaMove service via a homepage. Afterwards you get a link to your file and can send it by e-mail.
You need an Uni-AccountDer nach der erfolgreichen Immatrikulation (Studierende) oder Anstellung (Angestellte) beim IMT erstellte Zugang. of the University of Paderborn.
Visit the homepage for the service GigaMove.
- Select University of Paderborn as organization
- Click on "Select"
- Log in with your "Uni-AccountDer nach der erfolgreichen Immatrikulation (Studierende) oder Anstellung (Angestellte) beim IMT erstellte Zugang." of the University of Paderborn
- You will receive a list of the data that is transferred to the GigaMove service of the RWTH Aachen
- Click on "Transfer information"
- Click on Confirm
You can now use the service GigaMove of the RWTH Aachen University.
The GigaMove service offers two different possibilities of use, which we will now discuss.
Prepare filesYou can use the function "Make files available" to upload files and offer them to others for download via a link.
- Click on "Make files available" on the left margin
- With a click on "Browse..." you can select a file on your computer
- Select whether you wish to receive an e-mail notification before deletion
- Optional: Password
- Optional: Comment
- Specify how long the file should be available. The file is deleted after 14 days at the latest.
- Then click on "Make file available"
Request filesWith the function "Request file" you can ask other people to upload a file to you. You create the link and the other person uses it to upload the file.
- Click on "Request file" on the left margin
- Optional: Write a comment that is displayed when the link is opened
- Click on "Request file"
- The link to upload has now been created
You can now copy the link and send it by e-mail, for example.
Please observe the following instructions.
- Your files will be deleted by GigaMove after 14 days at the latest.
- If you have not changed the validity, your files will be deleted after 7 days.
- With GigaMove, you have a maximum of 10 GB storage space available.
- Most browsers can only upload files of 2 GB maximum.
- GigaMove is not designed to store files for long periods of time. You can do this with Sciebo, for example.