Participant management: Open course
By "Open Courses" we mean PANDA courses in which participants can register themselves without a password. You create these by activating a self-enrollment that does not have the password.
This guide shows you how to add a self-enrollment and set it up accordingly without a password.
What needs to be done?
- Call up the desired course
- Call up settings (gear wheel)
- Select registration methods
- Select and add self-enrollment
Call up settings and select enrollment methods
First of all, you need to go to PANDA to select your desired course.
- Then call up your course settings by clicking on the gear (1) at the top right.
- In the window that opens, select the "enrolment methods" (2).
- You are now in the enrollment methods. The manual enrollment is the default setting.
- This method allows lecturers & assistants, participants and employees to enrol manually. Please do NOT make any changes!
- So under "Add method" click on the Self-enrollment.
Now a new window of self-enrollment opens, in which you can make many settings:
- Designation (1): Here you set the name of the application. We recommend Registration Participant as title. This will then be displayed to the person registering.
- Allow existing enrolments/ Allow self-enrolment (2): Both fields must be set to YES so that the enrolment method is active and participants can enrol themselves.
- Enrolment key (3): This is the crucial field that you must leave blank so that a registration without password is possible. This allows any PANDA user to join the course.
- If you would like to assign a password, you will find instructions here.
- Enrollment start/end (4): Here you can set a period of time during which participants can register.
- Welcome text (5): If desired, you can store a welcome message for the newly registered participants here.
- Finally, please click on Add method (6).
Edit self-registration afterwards
- Your self-registration is now displayed.
- : Deletes the method completely (Caution!)
- : Method is active and visible. Can be made inactive/invisible by clicking on inactive/invisible.
- : Edit method settings.
View for participants
- The potential participants can now search for your course in PANDA and register themselves with one click Register.
- It is also indicated that no enrollment key is required.