Zoom - Realise event
The planned meeting must be started by the host, before the participants can join.
MeetingBesprechung mehrerer Personen über fachliche, organisatorische o. ä. Fragen. Zusatz: live wird verwendet, wenn diese über das Internet veranstaltet wird. interface
The meeting interface has three areas:
- In the middle you see the participants with activated camera.
- The bottom bar gives you an overview of your interaction and settings options. There you can also activate/deactivate the chat and the attendee overview ("Manage attendees").
- The right bar is only active if you have activated it (the corresponding buttons are located on the bottom bar).
- With the button "share screen" you have the option to present your content to the participants, e. g. Presentations already opened.
- By clicking on the “Invite” button on the right-hand bar, you can spontaneously invite additional participants to your meeting.
- The three dots on the right hand bar give you the opportunity to change the settings for your attendees. You can e. g. mute all participants or appoint co-moderators.
- The button with the up arrow next to the "Start Video" button allows you to access the video settings. Alternatively, Windows users can right-click on the Zoom icon in the Windows Task Bar to navigate to the settings.
In the settings, you can choose your input and output devices. Furthermore you can change your virtual background.
To use a virtual background in zoom meetings, proceed as follows:
- Start Zoom and click on the "gear icon" in the top right hand corner.
- Click on "Background an Filter" and choose "Virtual Background".
- Click on the "Plus icon" and on "Add picture"
- Choose a picture that you want to use and click on "open".
- To change the virual background in a meeting click on the small arrow next to "Deactivate Video" and click on "Choose a virtual background".
The quality of your virtual background depends on the performance of your computer.