The software Zoom and its basic features are presented here.
Functionality[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Online meeting/ video conferencing
- Screen sharing
- Document exchange
- Video recording
Suitable for[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Live discussions in coures
- Cooperation in research groups and projects
- Convention and conference hosting
- Group sizes (online meetings up to max. 300 people)
Requirements[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Internet access, web browser (preferably Chrome), online app / desktop app (all common systems are supported)
- Camera & microphone for video conferencing
- System requirements via Zoom help center.
Zoom licenses[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
The campus license Zoom, which is purchased by the University, differs from free-to-use zoom licenses:
- The free licenses are personal licenses and can only be used for personal use. The usage time is limited to 40 minutes per session.
- The university campus license allows a distributed management of the event, i. e. you can plan the meeting for yourself and others in advance, send the link in advance and plan regular events (i. e. create the meeting only once and use the same link / the same meeting ID over and over again). However, you must also start the meeting via your university license at the beginning of each meeting.
Notes on use[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- For teaching, it applies that preferably asynchronous teaching scenarios should be carried out. Video conferencing in teaching should remain the exception and be didactically justified.
- If video conferences are required for small groups (max. 23 participants), we recommend using the BigBlueButton system operated at the University of Paderborn or the DFNconf offered by the DFN .
- Zoom-Meeting is a software of the US American company Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
- The University of Paderborn has procured zoom licenses through a German provider, whose instances are hosted in Europe and for which contracts for commissioned data processing have been concluded.
- If the use of Zoom is required due to the number of participants, the centrally procured Zoom (C4V) licenses should be used.
- Via Zoom, no confidential or sensitive personal data (e. g. personnel data) may be passed on without end-to-end encryption (E2EE). End-to-end encryption must be activated, especially in committees when advising on applications and appointments.
- Avoid recording video conferences - even if it is technically easy. All participants have a "right to their own image" as well as to their own linguistic expressions. Recordings may only be made if you as a lecturer only record yourself, i.e. all cameras and microphones of the participants are switched off, or if all participants have explicitly agreed to the recording and the purpose of the recording.
- The "Zoom C4V Usage Instructions" apply
- As well as the "Zoom C4V Data Protection Declaration"
- In addition, the data protection declarations of "Connect4Video GmbH" apply
Notes on Netiquette[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Audio and video conferences bring new possibilities compared to a face-to-face meeting, but also new challenges.
We have compiled a list of suggestions and behavioural recommendations that you can go through in preparation for an audio or video conference.
- Hinweise und Tipps für Audio- und Videokonferenzen sowie Netiquette
- Notes and tips for audio and video conferences / Netiquette
See also[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Handbuch für Ausrichtende von Zoom-Konferenzen (Connect4Video/easymeet24)
- Zoom - Übersicht aller Artikel zu Zoom
- Zoom - Anmeldung
- Zoom - Registrierung (für Veranstalter*innen)