For teaching purposes you can provide your teaching materials digitally. Depending on the data (type and size) you can use different tools which are operated by the IMT at the University of Paderborn or at universities in NRW. The requirements for the use and advantages of the individual tools can be found under Exchange of large files. See also Tool comparison at a glance.
- The learning platform Panda
- PANDA allows you to manage files by course. You can upload files up to 250 MB in size. You can restrict access to PANDA to students in the course.
- The Sciebo cloud storage service
- The Sciebo cloud storage service makes it easy to exchange data, even between students. Files can be accessed and synchronized with different end devices.
- Network Storage of the IMT
- In the public directory of the network storage you can store files, which are then easily accessible to all persons with a Uni-Account. You can also allow non-Uni members to access the files there via https. In addition, group areas in the network storage allow distributed but secure access for your courses or your project for university members. For this access from outside the university the use of OpenVPN is required. Mobile devices (tablets, smartphones) are not supported.
- The Video Portal
- The video portal serves exclusively for the provision of videos. Videos in the video portal can be integrated into PANDA.
- GigaMove mainly supports the exchange of very large files, where links to the files can be sent by e-mail.
We do not recommend the use of other external cloud services (e.g. Dropbox, iCloud, web.de, ...) for teaching, as the data is not stored in the area of responsibility of the University of Paderborn and the data processing associated with the use does not necessarily comply with the applicable data protection regulations.
Tool comparison at a glance[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
|File size/storage space||Possible group of participants||Operation|
Members of the University of Paderborn with UNI-Account
|by the IMT on servers at the University of Paderborn|
||Members of the University of Paderborn with UNI-Account, guest accounts with limited functionality in self-administration possible||by universities in NRW represented by the WWU Münster|
|IMT Network Storage||
||Members of the University of Paderborn with UNI-Account, sharing with externals via public folders over https||by the IMT on servers at the University of Paderborn|
|IMT Video Portal||Maximum file size for upload 2 GB||Members of the University of Paderborn with UNI-Account, editorial access for employees, on request for business reasons possibly for others||by the IMT on servers at the University of Paderborn|
||Members of the University of Paderborn with UNI-Account||by the RWTH Aachen|